You can update all your drivers or some of the drivers which you have installed in your Windows for the hardware of your computer. You can take use of these programs for driver updater which are provided for free in order to make the updating of your driver easy. We have provided you a list of top 10 such free driver updater programs.
10 Best Free Driver Updater Tools
Here we have discussed about 10 best tools for driver update which you must try atleast for once. The best part is all the tools are available for free of cost. So let’s checkout them.
1. Driver Booster
This is one of the best driver updater program which is provided for free of cost. It makes updating of driver easier and and supports Windows of all versions. If it finds any outdated driver, then it will start running automatically. The newly launched updates gets downloaded by Driver Booster program whenever they appears, so no need to update them manually.
Before installing a new driver, you can perform a comparison between the driver which is installed currently and that can be very helpful. Before installing a driver, it first makes a point for restore in case if something gets wrong and some data loses. Driver Booster is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, XP and Vista.
Pros of Driver Booster
- It downloads the drivers with your program.
- It first makes a restore point then updates drivers.
- Keeps scanning for the outdated drivers on schedule.
- You can download updates for the drivers for limitless time.
Cons of Driver Booster
- You need to be connected with internet to perform scanning for updates of driver.
- Disturbs with a button to upgrade with its pro version.
- During setup, it tries to install other program.
2. DriverPack Solution
It contains a simple and user-friendly interface which is easily understandable as compared to others. It contains minimum buttons without any options or screen which may be confusing. You can have a bulk of downloads with this program and it installs automatically making your installation effortless. It is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, XP and Vista.
Pros of DriverPack Solution
- You can install the updates of drivers even when not connected with internet.
- Downloads can be performed very fast.
- No needs for any user input or prompt for Installing the drivers.
- It contains “regular mode” specially made for new users.
Cons of DriverPack Solution
- It does not provides schedule scanning.
- It may be sluggish sometimes.
- Sometimes drivers may hide to get rid of scanning.
3. Snappy Driver Installer
Snappy Driver Installer is something similar to DriverPack Solution. It downloads many drivers at one time in different devices. They get access immediately after getting downloaded even when not connected to internet. It is easily usable and no need to install it. It is free of ads. It is compatible with both 32 and 64 versions of Windows 10, 7, 8 Windows XP and Vista.
Pros of Snappy Driver Installer
- Free of ads.
- It is portable, no need to install.
- It downloads the drivers within Software.
- It installs drivers even when not connected to internet.
Cons of Snappy Driver Installer
- Schedule scanner is not supportable.
- Not easily usable when compared to its other competitors.
4. Driver Talent
Driver Talent was called as DriveTheLife previously. It downloads the updates of your drivers automatically and you have no need to seek download links on internet.
It fixes corrupted drivers and performs a backup of the installed drivers also. It provides whole information of driver before downloading. It is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, XP and Vista.
Pros of Driver Talent
- No need to download any drivers manually as they get downloaded inside software.
- It is easily usable.
- Your drivers back up before every uninstallation and installation.
Cons of Driver Talent
- It doesn’t supports bulk downloading which means you will need to download every driver separately.
- You are not allowed to perform schedule scanning for your outdated drivers.
- Some features will display but they are not provided for free.
DriversCloud was called as MaConfig previously. It provides a full information of your Software, hardware and outdated drivers. On its website, you will the categories like Autorun, BSOD Analysis, Network Configuration, My Drivers and some other areas. It provides information comparing the new driver and old driver before installing it. It is compatible with Windows 7, 8,10, Windows 2000, Vista, XP.
Pros of DriversCloud
- It allows you to install the updates of beta driver.
- It only contains the option to shown drivers updates which are WHQL certified.
- A huge amount of detailed information is displayed on Drivers.
Cons of DriversCloud
- You need to download the drivers manually.
- Bulk of updates and downloads are not supportable.
DriverIdentifier updater is a simple program which is useful. It still performs scanning of drivers even when not connected to internet. After scanning process is completed, the driver’s list gets saved to HTML file. You just have to open any file on your device which must be connected to internet to make this website to perform a cross-reference of results with database. Driver identifier is also available in portable version. It is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, Vista.
Pros of DriverIdentifier
- It works even when not connected to internet.
- It can be used a portable program.
- It is easily usable and understandable.
- It contains many helpful information regarding drivers.
Cons of DriverIdentifier
- You will have to download the drivers manually using web browser.
- It doesn’t check for the presence of outdated driver in schedule.
- You will have to form an account for user before downloading drivers.
7. Free Driver Scout
It is an outstanding driver updater as it gives true automatic updating which means your outdated drivers will update automatically, download will perform automatically and will also install automatically and there is no need to provide any input and this is not provided in any other driver updater in this list.
It contains OS Migration Tool. You should run this program if you are about to install any other Windows Operating system in your device. It is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10, XP and Vista.
Pros of Free Driver Scout
- It can automatically configure to update the drivers.
- You can download many drivers in a bulk.
- It scans for outdated drivers on a schedule.
Cons of Free Driver Scout
- It will find more drivers which are outdated.
- It will try to install any other programs also while setup.
- No updates released for software since many times.
8. Driver Easy
It performs scanning on a schedule and check for the drivers to be updated on Windows. You will get prompted by this software for an update. You can perform the scan on monthly, weekly or daily schedule or each times whenever you are logging in your Windows. It doesn’t takes any help from external web browser to download drivers. It is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10 and Vista.
Pros of Driver Easy
- It provides scheduling to automatically check the driver updates.
- You can use it both on work and home.
- Performs a quick scanning of drivers.
- It directly downloads the update in Software.
Cons of Driver Easy
- Downloads driver in slow speed.
- Need to manually install the updates.
- Not supportable with bulk downloads.
- Need to pay to enjoy some features.
9. Device Doctor
This program is easily usable and portable and don’t need to install it. It performs scanning on a schedule to find out if there is any outdated driver and will take you to a website from which you can download the update manually. Sometimes you will have to unzip your files before you are going to download the update. Downloading is limited to one everyday. Compatible with Windows 10, XP.
Pros of Device Doctor
- It downloads the driver within application.
- It checks for outdated driver whenever your device gets idle.
- Simply understandable.
- It is a portable Program.
Cons of Device Doctor
- Download is limited to one everyday.
- Doesn’t shows information regarding date and number of driver.
- When downloads gets completed, you will need to automatically download driver.
- It doesn’t restores data before update.
- Irritates with ads.
It is easily usable, automatically download and install your drivers and fix any issue if arises. Clear interface. It also contains some of the links and high are helpful such as Task Manager, display settings and Power supply settings etc. It is compatible with Windows 7, 8, 10.
Pros of DriverHub
- Interface is very clean and user-friendly.
- Drivers will get automatically download just by clicking on install button.
- Doesn’t supports bulk downloading.
- Contains both easy and advanced mode which you can set according to your need.
Cons of DriverHub
- While setup, it may try to install any other program.
In this article, we have provided you a proper information with pros and cons of top 10 driver updater tools. Starting from the best to least. You can have a look on the article to find the best tool for your device according to your own preference.