Dragon Age Inquisition was created by BioWare and released by Electronic Arts. It is an action role-playing game. It’s the sequel to the first game in the series, Dragon Age: Origins, and the third main installment overall in the Dragon Age series.
The PC, Xbox 360, and Xbox One versions, as well as the PlayStation versions, were all made available to gamers in November of 2014.
Method 1: Clean Booting the System at the Moment.
There’s a chance that the problem is being caused by a background service. A common cause of this is interference from other programmes, either Windows services or third-party software. Here, we’ll boot into Windows without any third-party programmes or unused system services. Due to this:
- To take full control of the system, log in with an administrator account.
- If you want to access “msconfig,” just type it into the Windows search box and hit the Enter key.
- To conceal all Microsoft services, go to “Services” and click the corresponding box.
- To stop all of the other programmes from starting up in the background, select “Disable All” now.
- Then, pick Task Manager by right-clicking the “Task Bar.”
- Make sure no programmes are running by clicking the Startup tab.
- Please reboot your machine now.
- See if the problem still occurs when you start up the game.
Method 2: Assuring the Integrity of the Game Data.
There are times when game files can become corrupted or disappear entirely. If even one file is missing, the game won’t launch properly or have any problems, as they are all required for the game to work and launch successfully. Here, we’ll check the game’s files to make sure they’re legit. This is why:
- Launch the Origin software, then log in to your account.
- The “Game Library” tab can be accessed from the menu bar.
- To fix Dragon Age, right-click it in the “Game Library” section and select “Repair Game.”
- Game files will be checked for integrity by the client.
- At that point, it will automatically download any missing files and replace any corrupted ones.
- Test whether or not the issue persists by starting up the game.
Method 3: Fixing DirectX and VC Redist installations
You’ll find the Direct X and VC Redist files in the game’s folder. The game might not load because the version of Direct X or VC Redist that was installed conflicts with the game. So, let’s install the recommended versions of DirectX and VC Redist now. As a result of this:
- Use your browser’s “Go” button to reach the
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\directx\redist
- Launch “DXSetup.exe” and overwrite the existing files.
- In a similar vein, Go Here
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\__Installer\vc
- To replace the current VCredist installation with the latest available version, run all of the “VCRedist.exe” files found in the folder.
- Check to see whether the issue still exists after you restart your computer.
Method 4: Authorization to Perform Administrative Duties.
Certain features of the game may work better if you have administrative access to the machine on which they are running. Problems with the game’s functionality may arise if it hasn’t been given the appropriate permissions. Now, we’ll elevate the game’s privileges to those of an administrator. This is why:
- Access the game’s executable by opening the installation folder and selecting it with the right mouse button.
- Choose the Compatibility tab after clicking Properties.
- Make sure the “Run as Administrator” box is checked in the Compatibility section.
- To see if the issue still exists, start up the game and play.